Monday, January 16, 2012

A Review Of Ttable Whey Music

I didn't write this review of my music.
The music is available for free at http://ttablewhey1.bandcamp.com/album/god-didnt-invent-f-himsel-lp
It was written by someone unknown to me.
My responses to the parts that surprised me are below.
"the world of psychelectroternative music is a fairly tight knit community" - community is a misnomer.
"the music wasn’t the primary objective in this project"? - It's all about the music.
"stayed awake for 48 hours straight, watched Clockwork Orange a few times, drank three bottles of Buckfast and started doodling around on a Casio" - It takes a lot of focus and concentration to write, edit and produce coherent music with so many notes and instruments.
"The songs titles read like they’re supposed to provoke a reaction of some kind" - I just try to have titles that have some originality and aren't completely bland, nothing more than that.

Make of it what you will.
http://www.drop-d.ie/ttable-whey-god-didn%E2%80%99t-invent-himself/11609

Ttable Whey – God Didn’t Invent F Himsel



Screenshot

Posted on 21st Nov 10 by  | comments 1

The world of Psychelectroternative music is a fairly tight knit community, as you can probably imagine.  The blending of several styles of music can be a tricky business.  Especially if you want people to continue to listen to your album for more than 43 seconds.  This album was an interesting trip.  Something tells me that [...]

The world of Psychelectroternative music is a fairly tight knit community, as you can probably imagine.  The blending of several styles of music can be a tricky business.  Especially if you want people to continue to listen to your album for more than 43 seconds.  This album was an interesting trip.  Something tells me that the music wasn’t the primary objective in this project.
God Didn’t Invent Himself is a collection of 10 tracks from a seemingly endless supply of material available online.  But the music however, sounds like our boy, Ttable Whey, stayed awake for 48 hours straight, watchedClockwork Orange a few times, drank three bottles of Buckfast and started doodling around on a Casio.  The songs titles read like they’re supposed to provoke a reaction of some kind, if I could only figure out which reaction, exactly.  If I could only understand what they’re supposed to mean. For instance, Ejaculate Into My Vagina, the first track on the album.  The title seems fairly obvious to anyone.  So obvious, in fact, that I’m starting to believe there must be a hidden meaning, something subtle I’m missing… Why do I feel like it’s Sunday evening and I haven’t done my homework?  Then we have, Does You Look Does.  I’m not sure, does it?
Music is much like painting though.  The creation of music is open to the listeners interpretation in the same fashion as an abstract painting is open to the interpretation of the onlooker.  And in that sense, I get the impression that this music is much more personal to the artist than it will ever be to the listener.  It makes me wonder.  Perhaps,  Ttable Whey is demonstrating the futility and contradiction of human existence.  The harsh, dark reality of  birth, life and death.  He could be agonising over the illusion of Christianity that has been enforced upon humanity in an attempt to lead the populations of nations to live within a set of predefined moral rules.  Or maybe he’s wrangling with the ultimate artistic question: Can my art ever truly be a representation of what I aspire to portray?
Then again, the more grounded listeners will agree with the standard approach:  if it sounds like shit,  then it’s probably just shit.

No comments: